Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Using Photostory with children


This is a Photostory I made with my daughter tonight.  She is in kindergarten, and is working on reading and writing.  This just shows how you can use Photostory even with younger kids.

4 comments:

  1. Love. This. Love the excited cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great way to combine literacy and technology! Bravo! So, this got me thinking.....since we are doing our Australia unit next quarter, do you think it would be better to do a photostory project for our students' final assessment or do you think that it would be better to use voicethread?

    After using both, which do you prefer? I like photostory due to the limited amount of space we have on voicethread. Either way, I think both are a great way to display our students' work.

    Again, great job on the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cami's story reminds me so much of the stories my kindergartners write! I've been thinking about doing something like this with my class. Like Samv mentioned I wonder what would be better to use with kindergartners, Photostory or Voicethread? It'll be a great way for me to incorporate technology with my Reader's and Writer's Workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome stuff!! I made a couple voicethreads with my daughter (she loves seeing herself on the webcam) but I didn't have enough nerve to post it on the blog. Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete