Friday, January 28, 2011

$500 Bills

Yesterday while I was at my main placement, two of my students were debating over whether a $500 bill existed.  To settle the debate I told them that I would look it up for them while at music. 

 My master teacher was out of school at a meeting and had taken her computer with her.  Luckily I had my iPhone in the classroom and I was able to look up not only a picture of a $500 bill, but find out the history behind it, including that it hasn't been produced since the 1940's.  When my class came back from music I was able to use the document camera to show the photo of the bill and to encourage my class to look information up on the internet or ask their parents to. 

My 5 and 9-year-old daughters are constantly asking me questions that I have no answer to (such as how a cat purrs), and I am so grateful for Google!  We learn about so many things that we would not have otherwise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment