This week I learned more about finding relationships between different situations. I have always had a hard time with these types of problems, because I don't do well with visualizing situations. I do better with looking at a sequence of numbers and figuring out how to move from one to another. It was helpful to have practice with these types of problems and have manipulatives to use to figure them out.
My question is about Cohen's group method. How often should this approach be used vs. individual work? Are there times when individual work is more valuable?
The first implication that this class had for our future classrooms was the group work. I really liked that each person had to be accountable for knowing how to get the answer so each person knew how to solve the problem. Another implication was having students use manipulatives to show the class how they found their answer, and seeing multiple ways to do the problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment